Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello Again!

Wow! To say that I am waaay behind is an understatement! Riley is almost 2 and I'm amazed at how much she's grown intellectually. I never expected "Momma" and Daddy" to sound so sweet.  She runs to the kitchen as she's yelling "Daddy! Daddy!" when she hears the garage door open. She walks around singing "Do Do Dora" and she LOVES to dance. Mom and I ate at a Mexican restaurant the other day and she started shaking her shoulders as if she was about to break out into the Salsa (the dance, not the dip). I love to give her directions and have her actually do what I've asked. It still is weird to me how someone so little can be so smart. She is usually compassionate, but we are now entering the more agressive stage. She definately fends for herself when it comes to playing with other kids, and if she doesn't like it she'll let you know. She stands in the pantry when looking for something to eat, puts her hand on her face and says "hmm, lets see...". She does the same thing in her closet--so funny. I can't imagine where she's heard that before. She loves to color and do ANYTHING outside. We just got back from Perdido Key, FL with her Gabby, Gran, Aunt/Uncle and cousins. She had a blast and loved playing for hours in the sand. We are still working on saying names. She has only said "Paw-Paw" once and she walks around the house saying "Josh? Where's Josh?" She loves her Joshie. I know there is so much more I'm forgetting to mention, so I'll just add on as it comes to me.....







No comments: